We strive to provide our customers with excellent customer service and swift answers to any queries. If you have questions for specific staff members, please visit our staff directory.
For any issues with the website, please email our web team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print products published by University of Michigan Press are primarily distributed by Chicago Distribution Center. Distribution of our print products in the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, and Africa (excluding Egypt and Morocco) is managed by Eurospan. Our Ebooks and other digital products are available from a number of different vendors, and specific purchasing options for individual titles can be found on their product detail pages.
Individual customers can purchase our print products through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart, which is operated by Chicago Distribution Center.
Print orders may also be submitted to Chicago Distribution Center by email, mail, fax, and phone. Please visit Chicago Distribution Center’s Policies website for instructions on how to submit print orders by these methods as well as for additional customer service information.
Please direct customer service inquiries, including regarding order status, to Chicago Distribution Customer Service at: email@example.comOrdering Policies for Print Products
- All mail, fax, and phone orders must be prepaid by credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover) or check.
- Web order payments must be made by credit card.
- Credit cards are charged when your order is shipped.
- If paying by check, the funds must be in U.S. Dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.
- All prices are subject to change without notice.
- Availability information posted on the website is updated periodically; actual inventory may vary.
- Your contact information will be used only in connection with your order and/or services you request.
- Orders are processed and fulfilled by Chicago Distribution Center. If using our shopping cart, this means you will leave the University of Michigan Press website to complete your transaction.
- Transactions will appear as "Chicago Books and Journals" on your credit card statement.
- The "Continue Shopping" link will bring you back to the UMP site to allow you to add additional titles to your cart.
- If part of your order is not yet in stock, your credit card will only be charged for the items in stock; your credit card will be charged for the remaining order when those items are released for shipping.
- As soon as your shopping cart order is released for shipping, you will receive a confirmation email showing your complete order status (including backordered items). Once your order ships, you will receive another email that will include other tracking information. You will receive additional emails when backordered items ship.
Standard shipping from Chicago Distribution Center is charged at the follow rates:
Individual domestic orders: $6.00 for the first book plus $1.25 for each additional book. Individual orders outside the U.S.: $9.50 for the first book plus $6.00 for each additional book.
Expedited shipping options are available on request for additional fees.
International customers are welcome to order our print products from Chicago Distribution Center as described above. Alternatively, international customers may order our print products from Eurospan. To do so, please visit Eurospan’s online bookstore at: www.eurospanbookstore.com
For additional information on ordering from Eurospan as well as for all customer service inquiries, please visit: https://eurospan.co.uk/contact
Many of our products are available in Open Access Ebook editions. Please visit https://www.press.umich.edu/openaccess for more information on our Open Access program.
Our for-sale Ebooks and other digital products are available from a number of different vendors, and specific purchasing options for individual titles can be found on their product detail pages. Ebook editions for most products can be purchased through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart, and orders will be processed by Chicago Distribution Center and fulfilled through BiblioVault.
- For Ebook purchases through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart, direct all customer service inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Ebook purchases through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart, direct all Ebook downloading, opening, or troubleshooting inquiries to email@example.com.
- For help with other e-vendor carts, orders, or downloads, please refer to the contact information they provide on their websites.
- Web orders must be paid by credit card. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover are accepted.
- When you complete the purchase of an Ebook through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart, you will receive an order confirmation and a link to download your Ebook. Learn more at the Downloading Your Ebook page.
- Ebooks make use of Adobe Digital Editions. When you receive your order confirmation and a link to download your Ebook, you will also receive a link to download Digital Editions. Learn more at the Digital Editions page.
- Adobe Digital Editions is available for PC, Mac, major mobile platforms, and many e-reader devices. Visit the Adobe Digital Editions Supported Ebook Devices page for a complete list of e-reader devices that are compatible with the software and their FAQ page for other questions about the software.
- Ebooks are currently offered under a single-user license, which means that your Ebook can be accessed by using one Adobe ID. Any computer authorized to this Adobe ID will be able to open the file. Learn more at the Adobe ID and Membership FAQ page.
- If you do not download your Ebook immediately upon the completion of your order, you will be able to do so using the link provided on your confirmation email at any time. Note: UMP links out to several other e-vendors, including Amazon (for Kindle). Please follow the ordering, downloading and troubleshooting information provided on these other sites.
- Available Ebook reading systems vary widely in their support for accessibility features. Visit EPUB Test for accessibility support information for specific platforms, or contact us if you have a question about the best reading system for your needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional codes received in catalogs, flyers, emails, or other marketing pieces from University of Michigan Press may be redeemed through the University of Michigan Press Shopping Cart. Enter the code at the time of checkout to receive the discount or other offer. Only one promotional code may be entered per order. Promotional codes for Ebooks can only be applied to orders made through the Chicago Distribution Center and fulfilled through BiblioVault. Promotional codes will not work on Amazon or other e-vendor sites.